Ok it may be the younger cousin to the main event – the Year 12 School Formal. HOWEVER your Year 11 School Social is still a landmark event on your student social calendar and deserves to be equally as extraordinary.
Therefore THE TEAM AT OZPARTY HAVE CREATED A CHEEKY CHECKLIST TO HELP YOU PLAN FOR A SENSATIONAL Year 11 School Social:
Everything you need to know to ensure your Year 11 Social goes off without a hitch.
School Social A-Team
1. Get your School Social Planning Committee together to help you plan a belter of a School Social. Don’t go it alone – you’ll quickly become overwhelmed. Ensure you’ve got a mix of tastes and styles in the committee so you’ve got a diverse range of School Social ideas in the mix.
Narrow down the options
2. Lock in your School Social Date (avoiding exam periods and major seasonal events and holidays in Sydney), set your budget and narrow down 1 or 2 School Social Venues in Sydney to put to vote. Remember if your heart is set on a specific Year 12 School Formal Venue perhaps opt for something a bit different for Year 11 Social Ideas i.e. maybe a cruise as opposed to a venue.
Lock in the Date
3. Book in your School Social in Sydney as early as possible. We recommend booking 4-6 months in advance to secure the venue, boat and/or transport and lock in your date. Plus once you're booked in the excitement really begins.
Pay the Deposit
Typically only a small deposit is required to secure the booking with the final balance due a short time before the date of the event. This allows plenty of time to collect all monies from attending guests.
Spread the Word
4. If you're responsible for coordinating the Social send out the invitations to all guests to notify of the event date, time and details. Save a few trees (and a lot of time and effort!) and send e-invites online using www.paperlesspost.com or www.myinvites.com.au. Or setup a facebook event and invite everyone via the online event. This also serves as a great platform to ask and respond to questions relating to the school social and generate excitement around the event.
5. Be prepared!! Your OzParty Events Host will keep you informed of the school social event schedule and important 'Need to Know's'. But ensure your online calendar, personal diary, Filofax (for old schoolers) is updated with the upcoming event.
6. 6-weeks out step up the healthy eating regime. Lay off the Tim Tams and exchange for some healthy snacks, fruit and veggies. Now is the time folks. You need your body to be on it’s A-game to keep you fuelled for the fun party times ahead.
7. 4-weeks out get your party suits and dresses out of the wardrobe, dust them off and get them down to the dry cleaners – clean, pressed and ready for the upcoming event. Or even treat yourself to a new outfit for the occasion.....don't worry we won't tell mum or dad...
8. 3-weeks out organise any pre-party grooming and pruning sessions; hair styling, eyebrow waxing, mani/pedi, spray tan, grab some killer aftershave. Make sure you're looking tip top, ship-shape and irresistible.
9. 1-week out pack your party survive and thrive kit. Minimal contents should include 1) scholls party feet, keep those feet dancing the night on through 2) deodorant, sweat patches are a major turn-off 3) chewing gum or mints, keep that breath minty fresh.
Set to Impress
10. Allow plenty of time to get ready on the day to ensure you're dressed to impress and in the mood to party for prompt event kick-off.
Finally pin a smile on your dial, put your dancing shoes on and have a fantastic social!!
This is the Team at OzParty Events wishing you a stellar School Social!