"T's & C's - not Tea and Cookies for the uninitiated"
- Dan, OzParty Monday morning Team meeting
OzParty's Terms and Conditions
- Updated July 2017
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the OzParty Australia website found at www.ozpartyevents.com. These Terms & Conditions apply to all Products and Services provided by OzParty Pty Ltd.
1. Making a Booking
When you purchase and/or use an OzParty Events Experience you become legally bound by these terms and conditions. Please do not proceed to purchase/participate in your OzParty Experience until you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions. If you have any queries, please contact us and we will be pleased to assist.
Phone: 1800 697 278 (OZ PARTY)
Guarantees and Warranties required by law.
In respect of OzParty provided services, OzParty will abide by all guarantees and warranties set out by Australian law. In cases where independent experience operators provide the experience or aspects of the experience to you, the independent Experience Provider/s accepts responsibility for compliance with the Australian Consumer Law in respect of services, that is that the experience was provided with due skill and care and complied with the description made to the purchaser at the time of sale. Subject to the Experience Providers recommended booking notice period or cancellation policy you may be entitled to a refund of whole or part of the purchase price depending on the circumstances of each case.
2. Booking Details
Unless otherwise agreed in writing:
- Details of all arrangements must be submitted at least 14 days before the event date, including notification of final guest numbers.
- An increase in guest numbers after this date may be accommodated subject to availability, however cannot be guaranteed. A price amendment may apply.
- If guest numbers reduce below the minimum guest numbers provided at the time of booking, deposits paid for all non-attending guests will be forfeited in all cases. The payment balance will be adjusted to the revised guest numbers provided. A price amendment may apply.
- A refund of the balance payment will not be offered for a decrease in guest numbers within 14 days of the event date.
3. Cancellations, Refunds and Exchanges of OzParty Tickets & Experiences
A. In all cases:
OzParty will offer a refund or exchange if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time.
If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, all liability is limited to the amount for which the event booking or public ticket sale was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Neither OzParty nor the Operator will be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
B. General Event Bookings
Security bonds and/or per person deposits and/or group booking deposits paid are 100% forfeited in the event the customer, or an authorised representative acting on the customers behalf cancels the booking at any time, subject to the terms outlined above.
In addition, unless otherwise stated in your booking confirmation, customer cancellations within 14 days of the Event Date incurs 100% cancellation charge based on estimated guest numbers provided at the time of booking.
C. Public Ticketed Events
Customer Cancellations of Public Event Ticket purchases incur 100% cancellation charge from the point of purchase. Public Ticketed Event Purchases are non-transferable and non-exchangeable in all cases.
D. Additional ‘Independent Experience Provider’ Terms and Conditions
Each Booking is also sold subject to any additional terms and conditions of the Independent Experience Provider for the particular event (“Independent Experience Provider”). The Independent Experience Providers Terms are available from OzParty on request.
4. Refund Requests
Where a valid refund claim is presented, the refund will be processed back to the purchaser only.
Refund / credit requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. Please quote your unique booking confirmation number when making the request.
In no circumstances will compensation or a refund of any kind be issued as a result of all or part of an experience being withdrawn due to guest unruly behaviour or intoxication.
5. Conditions of Exchange
A. Unless otherwise stated, exchanges will only be considered for General Event Bookings (excluding Public Ticketed Events), provided the request is made at least 14 days prior to the event date. Within 14 days of the event date your experience is subject to 100% cancellation and is non-refundable.
B. Exchanges are also subject to any additional terms and conditions of the ‘Independent Experience Provider’ for the particular event.
C. All valid exchanges will incur an administration fee of $50 per exchange
D. If you exchange your booking for an experience of lesser value, any remaining balance will be held in credit on your OzParty account. If you exchange for an experience of higher value, you will be required and prompted to pay the difference.
6. Pricing and Payment
A. General Event Bookings
Unless otherwise stated in your booking confirmation, event bookings require a minimum of 25% deposit to secure. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit stipulated at the time of booking is paid in full.
B. Public Ticketed Events
All public ticketed events require 100% ticket payment on booking to secure. Your booking is not confirmed until 100% of the public ticket payment stipulated at the time of booking is paid in full.
C. Security Bonds
A pre-event security bond may also be applicable for certain venues and/or experiences. This will be stipulated at the time of booking. The security bond is returnable within 7-business days after the event date, pending no damage/excess cleaning is incurred. This excludes fair wear and tear.
D. Credit Card Authorization
All transport reservations and select experience providers require credit card details to be held on file as security against damages. This will be stipulated at the time of booking. The lead booking person authorises OzParty to process all charges associated with resulting damages to the credit card provided.
E. We reserve the right to change prices without notice. All prices include Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the current rate of 10% in Australia.
F. In the event where your overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, you will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full, including legal demand costs. Overdue accounts will be subject to interest at the rate of 13% p.a., calculated for the period the account is due until the date it is paid.
G. While OzParty takes all reasonable care to ensure that event experiences are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. OzParty may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error OzParty will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the event experience or ticket at the correct price.
7. Providers of Experiences
- OzParty is a both a service provider and agent for a number of third party product and service providers.
- OzParty has no responsibility for any services or experiences provided or not provided by any third party experience provider or any other party.
- The third party experience providers provide services directly to customers.
- OzParty makes no warranty or representation regarding the standard of any service to be provided by third party experience providers.
- All OzParty experiences are issued subject to the terms and conditions of each experience provider and these OzParty terms and conditions.
- Many OzParty experiences are NOT suitable for underage patrons. If you intend to have a minor in attendance it is your responsibility to notify us and verify the venue/activity/entertainment or other related service is suitable for minors. You must verify the that the minors attendance is recorded in your booking confirmation.
- OzParty does not control the business operations of any third party experience provider.
- OzParty make no guarantees or warranties about the services that are provided to you by the third party experience providers.
8. OzParty's Liability
- no liability for any act, omission or default, whether negligent or otherwise of any third party experience provider.
- no liability for any loss or damage occasioned by any negligent act or omission of any third party experience provider.
- Where OzParty's liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the Experience purchased.
9. Availability of Experiences
All experiences are offered subject to availability. We will confirm availability in the shortest possible timeframe. If your selected experience is unavailable we will offer an alternative. We recommend bookings are made 3-6 months in advance to maximise availability. Bookings are not finalised until you have paid the deposit for your selected event experience. We recommend if you're planning for a date within the coming 10-days, you contact us to ensure there is still availability before proceeding.
10. Contact Details Given to Experience Providers
It is your responsibility to ensure all requested personal contact details and special requests are entered correctly when you book an OzParty experience either online or via an Ozparty Event Consultant. Failure to do so may result in loss or incorrect preparation of your experience.
11. Complaints or Problems During Your Experience
If you have a problem or a complaint on the day of your experience, please bring this to the experience provider's attention immediately so that issues may be addressed on the spot, where possible.
Some of the experiences that we promote as an agent are considered dangerous. Prior to booking or participating in any experience you should be aware of the risks involved. OzParty can provide further information if you are in any doubt about any experience. Experience providers warrant that they maintain appropriate public liability insurance for all risks associated with its business and service provisions. We make no warranty or representation about their business or services whatsoever. The responsibility rests with you to make independent enquiries with the experience provider or other third parties as to the need to acquire your own insurance cover.
13. Illustrations on Our Sites
Photographs used on our websites to illustrate single or multi-location experiences are provided to us by experience providers and are used as an indication only of the vessels, entertainment, vehicles, craft, performers, venues and animals you may experience.
14. Use of Imagery/Videography
Your image may be captured at any time during your event and be used by OzParty in publicity, promotional or advertising material in any format whatever, within or outside of NSW. In booking an OzParty event you consent, on behalf of your guests to your event images being recorded and used for these purposes and you acknowledge that copyright in these materials rests with OzParty without compensation or payment of any kind to You. If you wish to opt out you may do so by contacting us at least 72-hrs pre-event on the contact details provided in your booking confirmation.
15. Experience Session Length
Experience schedules and times are approximate and are provided as a guide to the total time you will be at the respective venues. There may be waiting time involved due to unforeseen circumstances. Any itinerary provided to you is indicative only and the order of events may change.
In the case you are running late, please contact the venue and/or transport and/or entertainment providers directly to notify of your late arrival. Note your experience may be cut short or cancelled completely without refund in the event of a late arrival time.
16. Promotional Offers
OzParty offers promotional discounts and special offers from time to time ('Promotional Offers' or 'Promotional Codes'). If you have a Promotional Code, it should be entered at the final payment screen where prompted. By redeeming any of OzParty's Promotional Codes or Promotional Offers, you agree to accept and comply with all of the following terms and conditions of use.
- If you have been provided a valid Promotional Code, you must enter it into the designated field in the shopping cart. Otherwise, your discount will not be applied.
- Promotional Codes must be used before the designated expiration date. No extensions will be allowed under any circumstances.
- Promotional Codes and Promotional Offers cannot be combined.
- Unless otherwise specified Promotional Codes may only be used once per person.
- Where multiple discounts apply, the user will receive the maximum discount available.
- OzParty reserves the right to remove any Promotional Offer or Promotional Code without notice at any time.
17. Other Information
The text and illustrations (including photographs) used by OzParty are protected by copyright and must not be copied in whole or in part with the express permission of OzParty.
18. Contacting us
OzParty welcomes your comments regarding these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions and would like further information, please contact us by any of the following means during business hours Monday to Friday.
Call: 1800 697 278
Post: Attn: Terms and Conditions,
OzParty Pty Ltd,
12 Dunkerley Place, Waterloo, Sydney, NSW 2017